DANIEL JOSEPH CHENIN, LTD. 2018
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a sample portfolio in a single PDF (5MB or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal candidate shall have the experience needed to provide the critical interior design backbone for a team and a project from its inception to completion. Candidates should be highly motivated individuals who are able to self-direct their own work with direction and input from the principal and other senior staff. The selected candidate will work closely with the Principal.
To be considered, the preferred candidate should have demonstrated abilities:
· Responsible for the development of concept through product specification of interior finishes, architectural lighting, plumbing fixtures, hardware, flooring,
furniture (including preparing detailed drawings of custom furniture), artwork, decorative lighting and accessories.
· Responsible for specifying, customizing, ordering, and managing the delivery of FF&E packages.
· Prepare schedules relative to the interior design.
· Knowledge of budgeting and preparing FF&E estimates.
· Coordinate with outside consultants and vendors throughout entire design and construction process and review all plans, specs, submittals and shop drawings
prepared by vendor, consultants, contractors, and in-house design team to ensure compliance with the design concept and construction documents.
· Proficiency in millwork detailing, specifications and reviewing shop drawings.
· Excellent space planning skills.
· A love of searching for new materials, furnishings, and design concepts.
· Perform construction observation/management services, including frequent site/vendor visits to review quality of work and assure conformance to design
· Oversee coordination of project installation/staging and closeout.
· Possess a high level of critical thinking, visual, and verbal communication skills, in both online presentations and in-person client meetings using Photoshop
and In-Design to produce presentation materials.
Preferred candidate abilities:
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in luxury interior design working with discerning clients and demanding projects.
· Professional Interior Design degree from an accredited institution preferred, but not required.
· Work examples that demonstrate an extremely versatile and sophisticated aesthetic sensibility.
· Ability to work well with colleagues in a team and self-directed environment in order to keep multiple projects on schedule and in budget.
· Mentor and direct junior staff in the completion of tasks per project assignment as necessary.
· Ability to develop interior construction documents including: floor plans, floor finish plans, ceiling plans, lighting plans, elevations, details, millwork, finish
schedules, furniture plans, etc.
· Understanding of building and life-safety codes, standards, and building construction.
· Participate in proposal development and business development activities.
· Conduct bid solicitations and reviews with contractors.
· Software experience with Autodesk AutoCAD and/or Revit, Adobe InDesign Suite, MS Word and MS Excel, SPEXX/Expedite
· Resourcefulness and efficiency demonstrate strong interpersonal communication, organization and leadership skills.
· Experience working with discerning clients and demanding projects.
Benefits and Compensation:
· Daniel Joseph Chenin, Ltd. offers a competitive compensation package.
· 401k with employer contribution
· Opportunities for professional growth and to work on premium projects and with sophisticated clients from start to finish..
· Continuing education opportunities.
· Contribute toward professional affiliation dues, such as AIA.
· Certain relocation expenses for selected candidate moving from out-of-state.
· We hire carefully for the long term. Compensation commensurate with skills, background and experience.