DANIEL JOSEPH CHENIN, LTD. 2018
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a sample portfolio in a single PDF (5MB or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal candidate will be interested in all aspects of running a practice and exposure to all phases in the development and construction of work. Candidates should be highly motivated individuals who are able to self-direct their own work and who prefer working within a small and growing firm environment. The selected candidate will work closely with the Principal.
Candidates will be expected to self produce their own work with design direction and input from the Principal. The ideal candidate shall have the experience needed to provide the critical documentation backbone for a project from its inception to completion and will be responsible to self produce a set of accurate technical construction documents using Autodesk software, preform construction management services, coordinate with consultants and contractors, review submittals, and participate in design and business development activities. Our studio is non-hierarchical and every member of the team contributes to the business and projects in multiple ways and will follow a project through the entire process from beginning to end, there are no hand offs of responsibly.
To be considered, the preferred candidate should have demonstrated abilities to:
· Work efficiently on fewer projects, but with a higher level of attention to detail and quality, both independently and with team members.
· Ability to complete a full set of construction documents; understands how buildings are constructed to create accurate and descriptive technical documents.
· Participate in proposal development and business development activities.
· Develop design concepts through construction documents.
· Conduct bid solicitations and reviews.
· Perform construction observation/management services.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Resourcefulness and efficiency
· Work well with others. Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication, organization and leadership skills.
· Experience working with discerning clients and demanding projects.
· Knowledge Building Codes, standards, and building construction.
· Fluency in Autodesk AutoCAD and/or Revit.
· Proficiency in Adobe Suite programs and SketchUP programs are a plus.
Benefits and Compensation:
· Daniel Joseph Chenin, Ltd. offers a competitive compensation package.
· 401k with employer contribution
· Opportunities for professional growth and to work on premium projects and with sophisticated clients from start to finish..
· Continuing education opportunities.
· Contribute toward professional affiliation dues, such as AIA.
· Certain relocation expenses for selected candidate moving from out-of-state.
· This position will allow those candidates seeking architecture licensure through NCARB experience in all areas under setting A
· We hire carefully for the long term. Compensation commensurate with skills, background and experience.